Sunday, October 26, 2014

School gardens are the best!

Hello again!
This is a brief post showing how I took advantage of the garden at one of my schools. It is such a wonderful resource for all grade levels, and all subjects! I love taking my students out there to explore and draw from observation. 
This time, I noticed some flowers were on their way out as fall made it's way in, so I went out in the morning to pick bouquets for each table. (It's a nice way to start the day, picking flowers in a garden!)
I am trying very hard to shy away from free draw when students are done - I'm going for more of a themed drawing time, so I don't receive 23 scribbled Spongebobs/Minecraft drawings. I have been creating "Free Draw Challenges" with 8-10 prompts. Instead of "free draw", I had them draw these flowers from observation.

It was a success! A little change from the expected prompts is a nice change of pace. I may buy a few bouquets for free draw this winter, when all we see is white for months! 

Feel free to click to enlarge the photos!







<- look at those lines! I love the way elementary line drawings come out! 





 It's tough drawing those hollow, pink petals! ->





Thank you for stopping by, and please come back again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment