Monday, January 1, 2018

Jasper Johns with Kinders!

Hello there! The holidays caught up with me, but I'm here and so are you, so we are doing well! Happy New Year to you all! I am going to post a few lessons I've been documenting from October to December. I have a lot of fun stuff planned for 2018 (at least one mural coming your way!), so thank you for sticking with me! 
The lesson on this post is all about Jasper Johns, and the primary colors! Kindergarten alway rocks this lesson, it's one that I've repeated for a few years now, especially when we start our primary colors. We talk about one digit and two digit numbers, primary colors, making our numbers into full shapes that we can color in (this is tough for them at first) - it may seem simple but we cover so much!  Then we try to camouflage our primary color numbers like Jasper Johns! Its fun listening to the little ones asking their peers "Can you still see my number?" :)
It is also a great lesson in rinsing brushes before they switch colors - they learn very quickly what happens if they don't wash that brush! All in all,  I really enjoy this lesson, and I think they do too!












Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment