Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Mural Makers!

In one of my three schools this year, I'm running an after school program called the "Mural Makers". This is my first "Art club" of sorts, and these images are from the first week! We made a "Mural Makers Agreement" - guidelines we need to follow to make this successful, and we also talked about Keith Haring's artwork, which is what the mural is based on. In future sessions, we will be painting inspirational words around our dancing people! The kids love the idea of painting on the wall, and it lasting after they go off to middle school! 
The above photo is of the wall before we started painting. I sketched the Keith Haring figures the day before.

cool view!

Painting!!

They couldn't resist the happy faces!



This is at the end of the first session. 15 students can get a lot done in an hour!! I'm hoping our last session can be an opening of sorts, with refreshments and parents and pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment