Thursday, October 8, 2015

Jasper Johns Initials

Hello there,
Thanks for checking back in! This week, fourth grade artists were finishing up their Jasper Johns- inspired Art lesson. (shout out to my awesome colleague for the idea!) In this lesson, they needed to use their overlapping initials to create an abstract artwork (much like JJ's overlapping numbers), using only primary color oil pastels. They were required to use secondary colors, but only achieving them by mixing the primaries. Drawing out their initials seemed to be the toughest part, since the letters needed to touch every side of the 9x9 inch paper! Creative problem solving definitely played a role in this project! I think they came out beautifully! 

Can you spot all three initials in their work?

Here are some exceptional examples~










Pretty sweet!! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and continuing to be inspired by fellow art teachers! Thanks for sharing:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! Hey I just started blogging a month ago and have taught art k-5 for 22 years now. Whew!!! You have a nice blog! I couldn't find the subscriber button. Check mine out www..ColorSplashTeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, and thank you! I honestly didn't know I could stick a subscribe button on here! I'll have to find a how-to! I still have a lot to learn- I'd like to to put some tabs of my own work and such on here too, once I learn how! haha! And your blog looks awesome!

      Delete