Monday, January 1, 2018

Northern lights in the Art room!

Hello there!
This mini lesson was a GREAT way to end 2017! Usually, the art class before a vacation is a free choice class for all grades, but once I showed my artists this lesson, everyone chose to make at least one! There are so many references on Pinterest, Instagram, etc. of this technique. I did this with K-4, and the kids loved it! I think it was a combination of loving the process, messiness, and the result!

We talked about the Northern Lights (I even have a students named Aurora Borealis, she LOVED this!), and watched a very relaxing video of the them with the lights off while we made our artworks.
I also threw in a pic of my new rug I received the day before break - once students were done, they played artist memory on it! Christmas in the art room!😊











Happy New Year!! Come back again soon! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment